02 August 2007

back to life. . . back to reality


It is amazing how fast two weeks fly by, but I guess having a newborn can make the time seem to go even faster when days and nights run into each other. Lars returned back to work yesterday August 1st after having two wonderful weeks at home thanks to his U of M paternity leave. So, I guess that technically means I also returned back to my job yesterday as well. . . but with a promotion. My first day home "alone" went great, but between going to mom's group at church and grandma Peg coming to visit the day went by pretty fast. Lars only called once to make sure I was keeping sane and he kept fairly sane himself after being out of the office for such a long time.

The Vreeman family stopped over last night to meet MissA and to bring us dinner (NUMMY!) I was hoping to lose a little of this pregnancy weight, but with all the wonderful food we have been receiving I don't see that happening anytime in the near future! It was great to see the Vreemans as it had been way too long since we saw them last and they gave us great advice about life with two kids. I have to say that we have a gorgeous bunch of children, but I might be just a tad biased.

Today was my second day on my own and unlike yesterday we didn't have anything going on - which in the wake of yesterday's tragedy, I have to say it was nice to slow down and enjoy being with my two kids. While MissA slept, I actually got to play with MrB which was great because I have been missing my one-on-one time with him. It is a little difficult for me to not have a routine anymore, but I have a feeling we will find our way to a new one in the next few weeks or so. . .


So, as En Vogue so perfectly put it, we are "back to life. . . back to reality" and loving every minute of it.




1 comment:

aunt kate said...

what a great site! you all do have beautiful children. i love the one of bergen and annika together...just ordered it from snapfish:) we look forward to checking in on the the latest at the blad pad...love aunt kate and uncle chris

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!