18 December 2007

why, oh why, do we live in minnesota?!?

I ask myself that every year when it starts to get cold and the snow starts to fly. And I especially question our lifelong commitment to live in Minnesota when we are able to go to "Grandma's Beach House" (aka Naples, FL) and experience just a small taste of what other parts of the world get to experience other then the frigid cold north. Strange to think as I write this post and look out into the white covered world in 20-degree weather. . . that not too far away people are enjoying a life of sunny, warm, and GREEN. As Barbara and I always say - if only we could transplant our WHOLE family somewhere warm, we would do it in a heartbeat. Not sure if my hubby would ever be on board with moving somewhere warm, but I can always dream!



We enjoyed a week of fun in the sun the first week of December. This was the second annual trip for Bergen and me and the first for Annika and Lars. We all were able to do what we enjoy . . . I got to read in the sun, Lars got to enjoy some quiet reading time, Bergen got to build sand castles, and Annika got a lot of lovin' from every one around her! We spent the week with Grandma, Aunt Megan and Uncle Michael and Grandpa Dan was able to fly down to be with us for the weekend. Other then Annika deciding that she didn't want to sleep while we were there (I feel like that is happening more and more lately. . .any sleep experts want to help me out with this one because I REALLY need some sleep!), we had a wonderful, relaxing (well, as a trip with two kids can be!) vacation!










1 comment:

the buurstra's said...

Hey Maren! Sorry I have been a blog stalker for a while but havent commented. Not for lack of something to say, just a lack of time! Which I am sure you MORE than understand!! :)

Sorry to hear Annika isnt sleeping, we are experiencing the same thing with Grayson. Whereas it sounds like Annika at least slept initially, Grayson has slept through the night only a few times since his birth almost 9 months ago. Ouch. Talk about needing sleep. I have researched and researched and tried most everything and nothing is working for us. I pray better luck for you guys, let me know if you find anything that is successful!

Such cute little bambinos though! I love "checking in" on you guys every now and again!
Take care-
Julz

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!