10 January 2008

sibling love

A Christmas card we received from our good friends the Pfefferkorns (who also welcomed a second child this year) commented on what a joyous surprise it has been for them to experience the love their two girls share for each other. She said, "witnessing the siblings bond was something that I wasn't really anticipating. It is so beautiful and touching." And as Amber always makes me do, I started to think about it and I couldn't agree more. There is little that makes Annika smile and laugh more then watching her brother be silly. And Bergen loves nothing more then just wanting to hold Annika's hand or bring her toys when she is crying. Yes, it couldn't be more beautiful and touching.

I know it will be short lived. Someday as we are taking a road trip and the kids are fighting over something which is nothing in the back of the mini van (yes, I said mini van!) I will think back to these special times when their love was so new and pure. And from what I have heard, this amicable stage quickly starts to come to an end as the baby gets mobile and into the older child's toys. So, here's to hoping Annika is a late crawler like her brother was. . .
This is a little long, but I downloaded it right after reading the Pfefferkorn's card. There are parts that couldn't have been more of a perfect example of the joy they bring each other.

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!