08 October 2008

a table for five please

We are excited to make it "blog official" that we are expecting Baby Leaf Three! Our due date is April 27, 2009 (how weird for us to NOT have a July baby!). As Lars says, "we move from man-to-man coverage to zone coverage". Life will certainly be different when we become outnumbered, but we couldn't be more thrilled!

We had our 10week OB apt last week and as usual the DR wasn't able to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler (they couldn't find it that early with Bergen or Annika either). But with our history of loss and to calm our nerves they sent us over to do a quick scan to make sure the baby was doing okay. . . . and 30 minutes later we were happy to see our little one growing perfectly. The heart rate was 174 and the baby was even measuring a couple days ahead.

I am happy to be almost through the "horrible" first trimester. Overall I have been feeling tons better then how I felt when pregnant with both Bergen and Annika. As long as I keep eating my stomach seems to stay calm. As my wonderful friend Kate says, pregnancy is the only time in life when nausea actually goes away by eating. The one thing I have been struggling with is fatigue - I am tired all of the time! I am hoping some of that will lift come the second trimester.

More updates to come. . . we have an ultrasound next Monday so we will be able to see our little bean once again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you guys!

the buurstra's said...

So so thrilled for you guys! I'm anxious to hear what the next Scandinavian name for baby leaf 3 is!! :)

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to finally see a picture of our new grandchild!! looks like a beautiful baby!!

Julie said...

I keep forgetting to ask you if the Dr. had any ideas about the fatigue. Maybe when we see you at preschool tomorrow I'll finally remember. :)

Julie C

aunt kate said...

yeah! congratulations! we are so happy to have another new family member. hope you keep feeling good maren.

megan leafblad said...

salinger, party of five your table is ready.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!