26 October 2007

hi stranger

Yikes, it has been a while since my last post. I apologize. I would like to offer the excuse of having basically zero down time between the kids, housework, and sleep (. . . oh and trying to spend time with Lars somewhere in there), but even I think that is a lame excuse. So with that being said, I promise I won't let it go so long between posts again and I hope that you (at least I hope there is a 'you' somewhere out there that reads this) will stick with our blog a little longer.

So. . . since my last post, Lars has started his new job at KeyStone Search and is absolutely loving it. He has hit the ground running (as he does with everything else) and is extremely excited about the work he will be doing there. After a loooong search process of trying to figure out what his next step was going to be, he feels at peace with the end result. And you know what they say: a happy hubby makes for a happy home (well, it goes something like that)!

I continue to try to keep afloat between having an infant and a 3-yr-old who wants to do everything "by myself". It is a wonderful thing to see Bergen become more and more independent, but at the same time it can pull at every one of my last nerves as he wants to do everything on his own and won't accept the help when he so dearly needs it. I went to my first parent-teacher conference at preschool and he, not surprisingly, got a wonderful report. They said he is a very social kid that has a great sense of humor. They also said he is a "joy to have in class". . . but then again they told that to Cara (aka. Max's mom) too so perhaps at the ripe age of 3 there isn't too much to talk about at a preschool parent-teacher conference! Either way he is loving preschool and we couldn't be more thrilled. . . or proud.

Annika is growing so fast it makes my head spin. I can't believe how much faster time goes by with #2. We were getting her 3mo pictures taken the other day and there was a newborn there having her photo taken for a birth announcement. If my mother-in-law hadn't been there I probably would have started crying because I miss that newborn stage already. . . . there is nothing like it in the world and it is gone in a blink of an eye. . .

As of late I am trying to get her to actually take a couple of decent naps during the day - she seems to only take about four 30min cat naps which is pretty frustrating as I have no time to clean, no alone time with Bergen and no time to do other things like update this blog. She sleeps great at night but she is in a bassinet next to our bed. I think if I started sleeping her in her crib it would help. . . And I can hear my girlfriend Julie saying "get that girl in her own room!" So, this is the second promise that I make on this post today. I promise I will work on getting that girl in her own room. . . eventually ;)

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!