13 June 2008

new names

THE ANNITRON (a.k.a. Annika): The Annitron is at the seek and destroy stage of her babyhood. It is *amazing* how much of a mess an 11-month-old can make. She loves nothing more then to dive into a beautiful pile of toys and rip it apart. Bergen tries to stop her and her frustrated reaction is something I am going to have to get used to. When I was pregnant with Annika I heard that after a year siblings should work out the sibling wars on their own - otherwise they won't learn those great skills of sharing, compromise, etc. Well, being only a month away from that point I am not sure if I will be able to do that. . . but based on what I have seen with the Annitron, I think she will be pretty darn good at putting up a good fight with her big brother! Kind of reminds me when we had our cat (Max) and added a kitten (Simon) and we watched them duke it out for who would be the more dominant cat - and just so you know the kitten won!




MR. OPPOSITE (a.k.a. Bergen): Bergen has started to state the opposite of almost everything I say - or use his new favorite answers of "Nothing" or "I don't know" (I better get used to those, right?). Here are a couple examples of Mr. Opposite in action:

Me: Bergen loves chicken nuggets (which he does!)
Mr. O: No I don't
Me: Really? I thought you loved them
Mr. O: No! I! Don't!

Me: Did you have a great time at our play date today?
Mr. O: No I didn't
Me: I thought you had a fun time seeing your friends?
Mr. O: No

Me: How was school today (after picking up a happy, smiling boy)
Mr. O: Bad
Me: Really? I thought it looked like you had a great day?
Mr. O: No I didn't

Me: It is time for bath
Mr. O: No it isn't
Me: Yes it is
Mr. O: It is time to color

Me: How was your day today?
Mr. O: Bad
Me: Really? What was your favorite thing?
Mr. O: Nothing
Me: Did you enjoy (insert whatever fun activity we did that day)
Mr. O: No

And after Mr. Opposite strikes we will often see him slump into this pose:



He will now slump so low that his hands will actually hit the ground. And typically after "the slump", he will stomp into his room to "pout because I am so mad". Ahhhh. . . . the "fabulous" fours. I know he isn't technically four yet, but I think it is safe to say close enough!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Maren, it's Julie. I don't use my kids' real names in the blogosphere, but I can completely sympathize with the Opposite thing.

My 4-year-old can be having the best day ever, but she will invariably tell me that she's "sad because I miss" whoever she's not with. (So if we're with Grandma, she misses her friends, but if we're with her friends she misses Grandma.) Argh.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!