05 June 2008

yuck, yuck and YUCK!!!

We often sit on the front step on a nice evening and wait for Lars to come home from work. Last night as the three of us were patiently waiting I kept seeing this weird movement out of the corner of my eye. I kept looking over but didn't see anything . . . until I caught sight of these:


Hundreds of little army worms (not sure if that is their actual name, but that is what we are calling them) that have made quite a comfortable home in our already dying bushes. I am sure if there is *any* life left in these bushes it won't be long before they are officially dead. . . which opens up a whole new can of worms (ha, ha!) on what we need to do with the landscaping around the house. Lucky for us we have some family that knows a thing or two about landscaping. . . now we will just have to bribe them with something to get them to help us!

The goods news is that Bergen is finally free from his fear of bugs and is not afraid of these little worms at all! In fact, in usual 4-yr-old boy style he got out a stick and was trying to hit the worms off the bush; which he was quite good at and tended to hit the worms in my direction. I did my best not to run away doing my usual Mariah Carey high-pitch scream. . . but as these little worms flew through the air towards me, I wasn't all that successful. Yuck!









Here is a clip of what these worms look like in action. . . YUCK!

4 comments:

the buurstra's said...

Reminds me of that summer when army worms (or whatever they were) took over your house! I remember the one side, that faced 36th I think, was COVERED!

And to think, you had to SLEEP there!!

:)

the blad pad said...

I KNOW! I think I am suffering from PTSD. . . having horrible flashbacks of looking out my bedroom window and seeing those little creepy, crawly things. YUCK!

Grand Family said...

Hey! Long time no see!
Jackson would be over the moon if we had these in our yard!

Kate said...

That is just too much. I intensely dislike many of the same object moving in random directions. YOU ARE A BRAVE SOUL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!