08 April 2011

oh, my dutiful first born

"Hey Mom, can I play the Wii when I get home?
Oh wait, I have homework in my backpack.
Maybe I should do that first.
Yeah, I should do that first....
Hey Mom, after I do my homework can I play the Wii?"


To which I said "you bet". But even if I had told him he could play the Wii *before* homework he would have given me a look of concern. Of unease. No, homework would come first. He is so much like his Dad.

I can't help but wonder if his sisters will have his strong [home]work ethic. Maybe they will take after me ... who would have happily played the Wii before homework. Neither way is right or wrong. It is just how we operate.


But what I really want to know is where did this homework loving boy learn to flash the peace sign every time I take his picture now??

xoxo, the blad pad

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!