01 May 2008

ahhh. . . the good life

We are the proud new owners of a new LG washer and dryer set! We figured it was time to replace the old ones considering that our washer was leaking out the bottom and our dryer was shrinking everything. We decided to go for the jumbo size considering that our laundry pile is only going to grow in size and if there is a time in life to go big it would be now. Plus, finding the set on clearance also helped!


And now the only "problem" is that the washer and dryer are so pretty that is makes our laundry room look incredibly drab. I am already working on the paint colors in my mind on what would look great down there. (Ohhhh. . . I can hear Lars groaning as I write this!) We also had to rip out the tiles on the floor because mold started growing from the leaking washer. . . . so the floor needs a little TLC too. Nothing a rug can't fix!

I did our first load last night and it took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to program the cycle. I did the diapers and I probably should have started with something a little more straight forward being that diapers need a lot of TLC when it comes to washing. I ended up making an emergency call to Amber who has the same set and between the two of us we figured out a good system.

Who knew laundry could be so fun?

3 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

hi - i found you through julie buurstra's blog. just wanted to let you know we have the same washer dryers and we LOVE THEM.

amazing how much laundry we can do!

the buurstra's said...

Isn't jealousy one of the 7 deadly sins? I think it is, and this post? It caused me a slow and painful death...

Isn't it crazy how we have matured enough to think appliances are so beautiful??!! I'm having a secret love affair with my Kitchen Aid mixer...

ENJOY. I'm happy for you! (Kinda. Still insanely jealous too.) :)

the blad pad said...

I know. . . long gone are the days when we dreamt about handbags and shoes. Now it is household appliances and family cars. Boy are we getting old or what?!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!