05 May 2008

bpa-free(dom)

In light of all the recent information about bpa, I decided to get rid of all of our bottles and was planning to sell them in our garage sale later this month. We had a ton of Avent bottles that Bergen used as a baby and since Annika has never taken a bottle, we don't need any right now. So I had them all priced and ready to go. . . until a friend told me that Babies 'r Us is buying back ALL bottles with bpa in return for an in-store credit. I just took all of our Avent bottles to our local store and they gave me FULL PRICE towards an in-store credit! Yup, full price on bottles that were 3 years old!! Now we have a nice credit to put towards things we need. . . like bpa-free sippy cups that we can use with both kids.

The word on the street is that not all stores are doing this - it is at the Managers discretion if they are going to participate or not. So, if you have any bottles that you would like to get rid of, give your local Babies R Us a call to see if they will take yours back and you too can be feeling bpa-freedom and have a nice in-store credit to boot!

4 comments:

Michelle Potter-Bacon said...

That's exactly the brand I have (only mine are even older!) I bought them at BRU, so I'll have to give Bloomington a call and see if they are as accommodating. :)

the buurstra's said...

You are so lucky!! I called my store and the manager said he had no idea this was going on, that it wasn't a corporate decision to do so!

He tried to tell me that the plastic ones are safe even, that bc the FDA has said it is still "safe" to use plastic that they are not even taking anything off the shelves until the end of the year.

So...you lucky duck can go and buy all kinds of BPA-free products on Babies R' Us! I love gift cards!! :P

Kayt said...

WOW! I've been wanting to make the switch, but it seemed like such an investment! Thanks for the tip! Did you go to the Rosedale BRU?

ps. I'll email you an invite to read my blog too- it's set to private.

the blad pad said...

Kayt. . . I did go to the Rosedale BRU. It seems like a total hit or miss as to which store is participating - so I would say try to unload them sooner rather then later.

And I would love an invite to your blog! I will keep my eyes open for the invite! Thanks!! ;)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!