12 May 2008

a mother's happy day

My Mother's Day celebration started last Thursday with a present from Bergen that he made at preschool. It was supposed to be something for me to open *on* Mother's Day, but he couldn't even wait for the car ride home and had me open his gift sitting in the hallway outside his classroom. It is a pot with a drawing he did inside. He is so proud. . . and so am I!




















The celebration continued up in D-Town for a busy, fun-filled weekend up north. In only a matter of about 30 hours, Bergen got to feed the ducks, watch a deer that has been frequenting Nana and Papa's back yard, make a visit to Papa's office, see the Aerial Lift Bridge in action, help Papa BBQ. . . He was a BUSY boy (who took a very long nap today to catch up!).
































We had a great visit with Great Grandma and Grandpa Birk on Saturday. . . Annika was mesmerized by their dog Birkie while Grandma and Grandpa were mesmerized at how fast the kids are growing!












On Mother's Day we had about 16 people over for brunch to the Hus House. It was wonderful to see everyone . . . especially those that are "snow birds" and are back for the summer.
























































My wonderful day ended on a loud note with Annika screaming at the top of her lungs on our drive home. Now we know that she will not sleep in her car seat so when we travel we will go during her awake times instead of when she should be sleeping (which tends to be the more logical times for families to travel). At any rate, I ended the day squished. . . and I mean SQUISHED. . . between the two car seats in the back seat. And even though my legs were feeling numb and my ears were going deaf, there is no place I would rather be.

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!