10 April 2009

annika's first "real" haircut

Annika still doesn't have much hair other then a mullet. . . and while she used to let me trim it up, she now SHRIEKS whenever I come near her with a pair of scissors. She would thrash around so much I started to worry I would poke her eye out! So I decided it was time to take her to get a real hair cut. I thought watching Bergen get his hair cut might make her want to get her hair cut (being that she wants to do everything he does!). . . but I was wrong.

We went to Fantastic Sams and Annika got to watch for a bit as Bergen got his hair cut. So then it was Annika's turn. After I got Annika settled in the chair and checked in with Bergen for 2 seconds, I turned around to find that Annika's stylist decided it would be okay to give her not only 1 but 2 suckers (one for each hand!) to help Annika feel better about getting her hair cut. She is only 19 months. I don't give her hard candy yet. . . so I head over to Annika, watch her bite down and see the entire sucker breaks off. I immediately swipe out the large chucks of chokeables from her mouth. . . while the stylist continues to gab MORE suckers for Annika to chew on. Not sure what about me swiping her mouth she wasn't getting that I didn't want her to have *more* suckers . . . so now not only was Annika MAD about getting her hair cut, she was MAD at me for taking away her new candy adventure.

I substituted the suckers for a more age appropriate candy and that seemed to calm her down a bit. . . but she still did NOT like getting her hair cut. Bergen finished before Annika did and he was a super star trying to cheer her up. He would tell her "it's okay Annika. . . it's okay Annika. . . it won't hurt. . . it's okay". He is such a sweet brother.

It took about 30 seconds for her to actually cut Annika's mullet - basically a bang trim but in the back. When checking out I was a little surprised to be charge the full amount of a hair cut ($20 for the two of them). I guess I shouldn't have been, but when it take about 3 snips and 30 seconds to cut a kids hair, a bang trim price would have been nice. But as a friend told me. . . better to pay for a full hair cut then to poke out her eye out at home. True, true.

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!