10 April 2009

i don't mean to complain

But I am going to for one second.

I know babies are supposed to stay "cooking" for as long as possible for 40 weeks. That is why due dates are calculated as such. . . but sometimes it just feels like E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. goes before their due date but ME. And I am not saying that I want to deliver EXTREMELY early, but I am over 37 weeks now. The baby is in the "safe zone" being full term. Why can't I for once be the one that gets to go early? I know two women who were also due when we are - one shared my due date and the other was the day after me. Both are now happy new moms adjusting to life with a newborn. . . OUTSIDE of their bodies. And I hate to complain because being pregnant is such a gift, but #3 has been really hard on me physically. Normally I have been happy as a clam to stay pregnant (well maybe not THAT happy, but much more content then I am now) knowing that life is going to change drastically after the baby comes. But I am VERY, VERY ready for the pregnancy stage to be over and life of a family of five to begin. And people tell me all the time less then 20 days to go. . . which I know doesn't sound long, but when you are at this stage of the game, it seems very, very long.

Okay. Thanks for listening. Done complaining.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Complain away. Pregnancy is hard, and you should have a place where you can say that when you need to.

Let us know if there's something we can do to help!

Julie

Bjorna said...

Complain away!! :) It helps!

aunt kate said...

Yeah! Look who went early afterall!! Congrats on the arrival of Ingrid Elise:)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!