10 January 2009

room wars


In anticipation of our little Leaflets arrival I thought it was time to flip Bergen's bed over to start preparing him for sharing a room with Annika. We bought this great Ikea bed that serves as a loft - so Bergen can sleep on the top and we can put a mattress underneath for Annika.

The plan is for Bergen and Annika to share until the baby is old enough to be sleeping through the night and then we will room the girls together. But that will be probably at least 18 months from now because our kids don't sleep through the night until after their first year. I am nervous for the kids to start sharing a room - I worry about them waking each other up at night, I wonder if they will play at night instead of falling asleep, and I can probably kiss any possibility of sleeping in good-bye (and by sleeping in I mean until 7am!). I know millions of families have kids that share rooms and as they have all adjusted, we will also adjust.

My only question that remains is WHEN do we want to adjust. Annika is no where ready to move to a "big girl bed". The baby will be sleeping in our room for probably the first 4 months (at least that is what we did with B and A) so that puts Annika at just turning 2 when the baby will be ready for her own crib. I think this is one of those things I need to think less about and just let happen. It will work itself out in time and I will know when the timing is right. Probably not until after the baby comes. . . because if there is sleep to be lost, it might as well be lost when we already won't be sleeping with a newborn in the house, right?



No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!