17 April 2008

The Five S's

Swinging
For the first time this week Annika was able to try out the swing. It is hard to believe that 3 years ago Bergen got his first push in the ol' blue swing and now he is big enough to be pushing his baby sister (with many gentle reminders that he doesn't need to push her soooo hard). You will notice that Bergen is sporting his new hair cut. It always amazes me how much older he looks after getting his hair cut. It has also become increasingly hard to get a "good" photo of Bergen. You know, the kind where he sits still and smiles. Nowadays he makes a funny face, sticks out his tongue or (most often) covers his face with his hands. Just another reminder that our little boy isn't so little anymore.






























.
Drugs
As I was standing in the kitchen the other day I couldn't help but notice the drugs we have collected on our windowsill. It made me laugh and shake my head at the same time. A perfect visual representation of the past month we have had:

Scooting
Annika has become much more efficient at scooting around the house. For a while I thought it was only a matter of time for her to swing her leg back and do more of a traditional crawl, but I am starting to think that she isn't going to happen. Which is a-ok.

Here is another clip of Miss A from this morning. . . I was trying to get her to crawl straight towards me, but she made a pit stop at the shoes (such a girl!)

Ducks
Every spring the same duck couple visits our back yard - I am guessing it is because of all the bread we have fed them over the years. It has gotten to the point that when the ducks hear us playing out in the back yard they waddle in from where ever they were knowing that they are bound to get some sort of bread goodness.



Sweethearts
My arms couldn't be holding anything more sweet.

So, there are my five S's for the day. And here you were. . . thinking I was talking about the calming five S's: swaddle, side, shush, swing (okay, I did do that one), and suck. That was so 6 months ago.

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!