08 April 2008

showering with love


This past weekend I hosted a baby shower for my very dear friend Sarah who is expecting a baby girl at the end of this month. We were lucky to have such a warm, sunny day (especially since it has been cloudy and rainy ever since Saturday) which helped set the tone for such a joyous celebration! Lars took the kiddos to G&G Leafs so I was able to enjoy a girls afternoon to myself. Bergen had a hard time leaving after seeing that presents and cake were involved with the "baby birthday party" but after he was able to put two candles on the cake (one for Sarah and one for the baby) he felt better about leaving. . . oh, and a promise for a piece of cake as soon as he got home also helped.
Sarah is feeling pretty set for their new bundle and I have to say she seems so much calmer then I was when we were expecting our first. But that is just who Sarah is and that is what I love about her. She is the calm to my neurosis. Even with 10 or so women ganging up on her to try to get her to spill the name, Sarah stayed her usual cool self. I for sure would have caved. Only a matter of weeks before we get to meet their little girl. . . and finally hear what her name will be!
















No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!