22 April 2008

spring forth new life


After nine months and nine hours of labor, our good friends Nick and Sarah welcomed their baby girl Kaia Rachel yesterday. She weighed in at 8lb1oz and is 20 3/4" long. I was able to make a quick visit this afternoon to meet their little one while Grandma Barbara watched my little ones. It was fun to hold a newborn again - it is hard to believe our kids were ever that little! Kaia is very beautiful and the new parents are doing great! A HUGE CONGRATS to the LaBelle Family!!













After my visit with the new family, Bergen and I did a little gardening while Annika took her afternoon snooze. We started to clear the flower beds of the decaying leaves from last fall and were happy to see new growth sprouting underneath. I don't have a "green thumb" per se, but perhaps more of a "sage thumb", being that I enjoy gardening but just have no clue what I am doing. For that reason we stick to very hearty, easy plants that don't need a lot of TLC. It is just great to have a little something to keep us out in the yard digging in the dirt.









No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!