29 April 2008

fear factor











When it comes to parenting there are just some things that don't come easy to me . . . especially when it has anything to do with bugs. Bergen has started to "fear" bugs. I say "fear" because I don't know how much is actual fear and how much is just attention seeking. Either way, I have been trying to get him to like bugs. Well, not so much "like" them, but at least not run away from all the worms, flies, ants and oh-so-scary butterflies that live in our backyard.

While I was gardening the other day I couldn't help but notice the millions of worms that were out because of the rain - so we decided to go on a worm hunt. And I have to say I was pretty darn proud of myself for controlling all the screaming I would have normally done had he not been standing there next to me. Me squealing at the sight of bugs doesn't quite help him get over his fear.

But when Lars heard of our worm hunt he decided to do one of his own with Bergen. A REAL worm hunt with actual worm holding and no jumping spastically at the sight of other miscellaneous garden bugs. They had a blast and Bergen now calls worms his "friends". Definitely not something that was going to happen with me as his bug therapist.

It is moments like this when I think . . . Thank goodness for Dads!


1 comment:

the buurstra's said...

About 26 seconds in, "Ew, wow."

Love it!! :)

I'll definitely be sending Pete on the worm hunts that's for sure!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!