08 December 2008

20 weeks and counting



Whoa. . . that was fast. I can't believe we are half way today! We had our "big" ultrasound today and while we were hoping to find out the gender, our little one was a little too modest and decided to have his/her legs crossed. The tech said she couldn't tell with any certainty what the gender is of our baby even with all my pleading to keep looking. We get another chance around 28 weeks when I have to go back to do another placenta check. . . it is "low-lying" which I had with Annika and they just need to make sure it moves up into place. They also discovered that I have an anterior placenta which explains why I really haven't felt this baby much! I felt both Bergen and Annika during my 17th week and this one I have barely felt at all. . . s/he just has a little too much to kick through for me to feel it!
Above all, we learned learned that our baby looks perfect and healthy and we couldn't be happier!

I am up a total of 4lbs and am starting to looking more pregnant these days, but I think I was bigger this time around when pregnant with Annika. I guess it helps when you have a very busy 16-month-old to chase all day long. We did take a belly shot - it didn't turn out great, but you can see my bump!


No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!