18 December 2008

mom! it says 3-1-5!

Everyday Bergen does an hour of quiet time while Annika is napping. It is the only "me" time I get during the day. When he starts his quiet time we look at the clock together and I tell him what time he can come out. My guess is that he stares at the clock the whole time - other then the numerous, yet questionable, times he needs to use bathroom during that hour!

Today Bergen started quiet time at 2:15, so I told him "you can come out when your clock says 3-1-5". And as I sat working on a project, Bergen came running out saying "mom! It's 3-1-5! It's 3-1-5". My clock, however, only read 2:56.

So I went in to double check his numbers and sure enough his clock said 3-1-5. So I asked him, "Bergen, did you push the buttons on the clock".

And with a smile he said, "yes".

"Did you change the clock so it would say 3-1-5?"

And he answered with another proud "yes".

And all I could think was man, this kid is smart, but he still has another 20 minutes of quiet time to go. Nice try Bergen!

1 comment:

aunt kate said...

such a clever little fellow...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!