16 December 2008

*cough*

I have been struggling with a horrible chest cough for over a month. . . nothing else, just a cough. Since I had no other symptoms I figured in time it would go away, but it hasn't. I have been coughing so much for so long that I think I have pulled/strained every rib muscle possible and it now hurts when I cough - heck, it hurts when I breathe.

So THAT should have been enough for me to go in to the doctor.

Nope.

Annika started to cough about 3 days ago. She has been waking at night and also coughing sporadically throughout the day. . . . and THAT is what made me go see the doctor today. When it comes to my child's health, I am on the phone making an appointment as soon as I can get in (especially given our history with Bergen and all the ER, urgent care and clinic visits we have had over the years). I am not willing to take the risk for anything to get any worse with our wee ones. But for me - for Mom? Well, we Moms tend to put ourselves last.

It took the doctor about 3 seconds with a listen of my lungs to tell me I have bronchitis. Lovely. As for Annika, just keeping an eye.

I had a good laugh when I asked the doctor why it hurts to much when I cough and he said "well, it *might* be your advanced case of bronchitis". Oh yeah, probably that.

Lesson learned. Mom doesn't always have to go last.

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!