13 December 2008

cars, kicks and calories


We are proud owners of a minivan! I always said I would NEVER own a minivan. . . but having said those words before kids I had no idea how wonderful a van would be for family life (and as "they" say. . . never say never!). We needed a vehicle that would fit 3 car seats and the only other option we considered was an SUV with a third row, but I wanted the doors to open at the push of a button, so a minivan it is! We found a beautiful used 07 KIA Sedona EX with only 14k miles on it. . . fully loaded which helps ease the 'pain' of becoming an official minivan driver. We pick the van up on Tuesday and I am down counting the hours! Thanks to everyone for your wonderful advice as we did our research.












Lars felt Baby Three kick this week! I thought it was too early for him to even try and since *I* have hardly even felt the baby (that darn anterior placenta!) I didn't think he would be able to. . . but he did!! That is such an amazing moment for Dad's and I think one of the first times they are able to fully connect with the baby . . . as Moms we are incredibly lucky to experience pregnancy (all the good and bad that comes with it) but I think Dad's feel a little disconnected to the growing new life until they have THAT moment when it becomes so real for them. I am so glad he got to feel him/her!!




I have been working REALLY hard trying to get Annika to drink milk and eat higher calorie foods. While much of my efforts continue to fail (she still hardly eats any cheese, she won't eat a cracker with butter on it, and she still refuses to eat most bowls of ice cream. . .even with chocolate on it!), she has started to drink *some* whole milk. I don't have an accurate count of how much each day, but I think I get in about 4-6oz! That is a HUGE improvement. . . and hopefully just a start to her drinking more and more. Another thing I have tried repeatedly to feed her is eggs, which she is now finally eating! I always add whole milk and cheese to fatten them up a bit. . . and for two days she has had a scrambled egg or two. I just remind myself that it will take baby steps to grow her palate. . . but I WILL get some meat on her bones!












No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!