19 December 2008

oh-oh, it's too quiet

I remember Aunt Marianne telling me forever ago after we had Bergen that it is the quiet moments you have to watch out for as a parent. So true. When I can hear the kids playing their various activities throughout the house, I know where they are and what they are doing. This is the reason why I don't mind noise toys - unlike so many parents I know (including my hubby!)

So the other day as I sat working on Christmas cards with Bergen on the sofa, I realized it had become very quiet all the sudden. Oh-oh, not good.

And where should I find my precious little daughter? Playing in the toilet, of course. But that wasn't even the best part. She was playing in a non-flushed toilet last used by my darling little boy. Lovely.

When I asked him why, oh why, did you not flush the toilet?

He just looked at me and said with this ever-so-annoyed tone, "it was only a #1, Mom".

Yes. Thank goodness it was only a #1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maren!
We are in the midst of doing Christmas cards ourselves, and found your post hilarious!!!! We won't give Cameron any ideas!
Hope you are all warm and cozy inside! Liwanag

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
hit counter account login page
Get a free hit counter today!